Saturday, February 2, 2008

8675309

When I saw this shirt, it made me giggle, so I bought it.
Reasons why:
1) Creative marketing/design
2) 80s flashback (1982 to be exact)
3) You can call me any form of Jennifer EXCEPT Jenny. (Unless you're my mother or my aunt.) This also made me think of the struggle some have faced when they realized that no one actually calls me Jenn Ann. (You know who you are :) )

Where did the Jenn Ann come from you ask? Well, my given name is Jennifer Ann. In elementary school, I was known as Jennifer D. as there were always at least 2 other Jennifers in my class. In junior high, I had a Jennie phase - one of my closest friends was also a Jennifer D. so we got creative. In high school, I went back to Jennifer and used my last name often. It was around this time that AIM came into my life and I selected the screen name: JennAnn3, since every other version of Jennifer I tried was already taken. (The 3 is for my birthday, March 3rd.) In college, Jenn caught on and I got personalized plates for my car: JENNANN. Now, everyone still calls me Jenn. So, when it was time for me to create a Blogger alias, Jenn Ann seemed the logical choice so that I would somehow be distinguishable from all of the other Jennifers/Jenns in the world.

5 comments:

Paula said...

Ann is my middle name too. I too would probably have a hard time calling you anything except Jenn Ann.

Kim Thomas said...

In honor of you, this will be my name temporarily.

Teri said...

this shirt looks like a jail outfit. I dont understand how it has to do with the 80's.

Queen B said...

too funny, Jenn Ann and Kim Ann :)

Anonymous said...

I love the random shirt. I am Pickle DiANa. Kinda on the same lines. dont you think.