Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dream Dinners

If you've never done this, you should!!! It's a little overwhelming at first (and you could be an idiot like me and make a different beef meal than the one you ordered) but it's totally awesome!!!! I've wanted to do this ever since Kim blogged about it and finally got to go!

I went tonight with Rach and she showed me the ropes - thanks Rach! It was totally fun and we've already booked our next visit in March.

Reasons I LOVED it:
-I prepped 12 dinners in a little over an hour
-I didn't have to spend any time in a grocery store
-Everything was ready and waiting for me
-I didn't have to clean up ANYTHING
-They packed my cooler for me and then carried it out to the car
-I got a free meal when signing up for a March session tonight
-All of the choices were things that I'd never make because I'd never have all of the ingredients
-It doesn't really cost much more than if I were to make something similar myself

Reasons I didn't love it:
-The stupid lady that took FOREVER at the last station I needed. I tried really hard to take a discreet photo of her but I didn't want to be kicked out after I'd already made a meal I didn't order. (Thankfully they were really nice about the meal and just let me keep that one. The one I'd originally ordered didn't really seem that appetizing anymore anyhow). She took up the entire counter space that was intended for three separate stations and moved really slowly. I hung out with Rach while she made 2 different meals and FINALLY the lady finished.

Note of caution: Those that are really picky eaters (or have spouses that are - sorry Kat!) might not find too many things that are plain enough. I consider myself fairly picky though (no seafood and not too many veggies) but I found that almost all of the meals sounded appetizing. If there's something you hate in a recipe, you can always leave it out.

8 comments:

KFuj said...

I read the first part of your post then took a shower. I was thinking, would I find anything for Scott? But you answered that for me. I have heard about this from friends at school, they love it too. Scott will have to look and see if he would eat anything:-)

Queen B said...

Congrats :)

Jinjer said...

I have wanted to do this...so I will give you a week and let me know if you like it, ate it, etc...if you like it, I will go try it!!

Paula said...

I've wanted to try that, but with all my picky eaters (all 5 of us) I figured I wouldn't have much luck

Kim Thomas said...

I went for my February session last Saturday and I too signed up for March already.

I must know, which beef meal did you make by accident and which one were you signed up for?

KFuj said...

Ok so where are you going for these dream dinners.. I clicked on Diamond Bar and that one is closed.. I looked at March's meals and I think Scott might like a few... How does it work? How many meals do I need? How much does is cost?

Jenn Ann said...

Rach and I go to the Anaheim one. We're signed up for March 6th at 7. All meals are 3 or 6 servings. You need to order a total of 36 servings minimum. It's about $150 for 36 servings depending on what you select. There are also side and desert options...Rachel tried the Lemon Bars when we were there and she didn't like them.

Jenn Ann said...

Honey and Herb Chicken is also tasty. The hubby made this one all by himself. He calls it the old couple dinner (as in Honey and Herb are the names of old people).