Monday, February 4, 2008

American Gladiator

The hubby and I were watching American Gladiators tonight when I see the following shot:

I say to the hubby: That guy's torso is as big as the gladiator's leg. Then...

Hulk says the same thing!

Throughout the entire show I was annoyed and perplexed by this image:

1) Is the same audience that watches American Gladiator the target audience for Lipstick Jungle? (I know the hubby will NOT be watching LJ)
2) Was it necessary to leave it up there the entire episode?
3) The premiere of this show has been so poorly marketed that perhaps they have needed to leave the advertisement up there 24/7 until it actually premieres in order to have hope of any viewers. I've been anxiously awaiting the premiere of LJ since the Queen had it on her list of must watch shows. My TiVo has been unable to locate it and schedule a season pass and I'd all but given up hope. Then I happened upon this tonight and will try to add it yet again. At this point, I fear it won't come close to the brilliance of Cashmere Mafia, which I love!

7 comments:

Queen B said...

OMG, not surprisingly I was watching Gladiators last night with my husband and had to point out the same shot. The size comparison between those two was crazy, or just a very weird camera angle.

Lipstick Jungle premiers 2/7 on NBC. I finally found it to set to Tivo.

Ann said...

They must be pretty desperate to get the word out if they left that on for the entire Gladiators show. Doesn't seem to me that it would be the same target audience!

Jinjer said...

I can't stand when advertising is left up in the corner of the screen for a few minutes, let alone the whole show! It is such a distraction! I will give LJ a try, but I am highly leaning towards Cashmere Mafia - that show is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am guessing they left the advertisement up for the ladies watching with their other halves. I love CM, and hope that LJ is just a good, who knows?? I guess we will fine out tomorrow. I think we should blog about it?! Maybe I will sign up just for that :-)

Bianka said...

I think that gladiator plays for the other team if you know what I mean. :)

Bianka said...

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Unknown said...

i've got lipstick jungle on my DVR...haven't watched it yet. missed cashmere mafia though...is it too late to start? (heard good things about it.)

AND i've been watching american gladiators too. strangely hooked! titan is too big. loved this past monday when alex said "humans should not be that big" referring to justice.