Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Are you with me?

I've decided to create a team for the Relay for Life Event in Chino this summer.

Who: Me and a group of people who want to be a part of what promises to be a great experience to benefit a good cause - The American Cancer Society - the more the merrier!

What: It's a 24 hour event that includes walking/running (we all take turns - hence the relay - with at least one person on the track at all time), games and entertainment, lunch, dinner, and breakfast, and of course a little camping! As a member you will help collect donations and help out the team.

When: August 2-3 9:00 AM - 9:00 AM

Where: Ayala Park in Chino - This is literally down the street from my house and I'm offering deluxe accommodations at Kolbow Bed & Breakfast for anyone that might need to travel in from out of the area the day before :)

Why: Who doesn't know someone whose life has been affected by some type of cancer?

Let me know if you'd like to join my team and I'll send you more details. I'd love for everyone that reads my blog to participate!

P.S. And Jenn, I know that the 3rd is your wedding - don't worry I didn't forget. I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!

7 comments:

Bianka said...

Ooooh sounds fun! If I'm back in town by then, I'll participate!

Anonymous said...

Oh good! I got a lil concerned when I read the post, but then I remembered. . .I'm not getting married til 3. . .so you will even have time for a nap :)
Happy Anniversary to you too on that day :)

KFuj said...

Count me in.. I am participating in the Walnut Valley Relay for Life (have for many years) the last weekend in June if you want to join our too!

I will have to fill in where ever needed since I have no idea how busy we will be the day before the wedding. Although I did the relay less than a week before my wedding:-)

Queen B said...

Hmmm... maybe I will plan my summer Southwest trip to coincide!

Jinjer said...

Sounds fun. I will check the sched and see what's up. If I am in town, count me in!

lace1070 said...

I wish I lived closer or I would join your team! I did Relay for Life a couple of years ago and had so much fun. Bring some sheets and your can dress up in a toga and do a couple of laps when you are getting sleepy! Hugs ~ Lace

karinski said...

I did relay for life a few years back for my friend Todd who died of cancer. It was bittersweet. I might be down to participate...