Monday, April 21, 2008

WHOO HOO TO THE HUBBY!!!

While I spend a good amount of time on my blog poking fun at the hubby, he's always a good sport about it. This is one of the times when I will congratulate him (I know, I know, miracles do happen). :)

He's been bowling really well lately - probably a result of his new equipment and the fact that he bowls every chance he gets - which means 3 league nights a week in addition to various tournaments on weekends. I went to watch him bowl the USBC Open Masters Tournament in San Bernardino on Saturday. The entire story can be found here on the hubby's blog. Be sure to read the last paragraph a few times :)

This morning waiting for me in my Inbox was an email from the hubby with this link. WHOO HOO!!! And yes, I spelled it the WAMU way, even though very few things irk me more. :)

He bowls next Sunday in some complicated double elimination final. His goal is to beat Vince Wood. Why you ask? Because when we walked into the bowling alley on Saturday he said, "We might as well pack up and go home. Vince Wood is bowling."

6 comments:

Captain Will said...

And why is Vince Wood siginificant? Well, he was the third person EVER in the history of sanctioned bowling competition to bowl a 900 series for 3 games. That would be 300, 300, and 300. Thirty-six strikes in a row. Only 10 people have ever done that.

Paula said...

Hot diggity, #5!!! I'd have to bowl 14 rounds to get that score! You rock!

Queen B said...

Yay! Striker, you can so kick Vince Wood's ass. don't let him intimidate you! You have the HCBC on your side :)

Jinjer said...

Way to go Striker! And Jenn Ann, I read the last paragraph. Isn't it the best feeling being right??

karinski said...

super cool! go hubby!

gld9oh said...

i totally understand. when i use to bowl juniors in mo val. i remember practicing with vince for fun, and him beating me with my own ball. didnt fit his hand or anything. i never seen my ball move so good until he threw it...hands down vince was teh best i ever seen,,,I HOPE YOUR HUSBAND DESTROYS HIM!!!!!!!