Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Conquering My Fears

What crazy individual takes 5 month old twinfants to their 4 month Well Baby appointment by herself? Me. (Yes. We were 4 weeks late...Tony had surgery. No shots 2 weeks before or after.)

The good news? It couldn't have gone much more smoothly. The stars aligned and the boys were awesome. (I mean, they're always awesome, but we avoided meltdowns completely.)

I took this picture of the 3 of us in the waiting room in the event that the rest of our visit fell apart. Yes, that is a look of sheer terror on my face...I'll need to work on my "everything is fine" calm face.

We were the first appointment after lunch (no waiting!) and got to go straight back. The boys were weighed (Alex 20 lbs and Tony 18 lbs) and measured (yeah, totally forgot these measurements). We waited for the doctor to come in, everyone was happy, even Alex who was only in his diaper...good thing for him that it had to have been 80 in there...I was already sweating, the heat just made it worse!

Tony fell asleep while Alex was being checked out, I looked over and saw him fast asleep cuddling his giraffe. Alex got to go first for his shots as a result. He did really well, calmed down quickly after a little crying, and then I switched babies. Tony woke up during his shots, but also calmed down quickly. I looked over at Alex and he was asleep! Tony stayed awake and flirted with everyone, while Alex stayed asleep.

I decided to stop by Target and make our first trip there as well (no picture though) since everything was going so smoothly and quietly. That also went well, despite the fact that I couldn't find a basket anywhere and needed more things than I could carry while pushing the snap-n-go, but not so many that I'd want to transfer the boys to a cart and return the stroller to my car. I ended up getting half of what I'd wanted to get, but didn't care because the outing was such a success.

Alright, I'm done patting myself on the back now, but I did cross 2 things off my "Things that Scare Me" list.

1 comment:

KFuj said...

As Kyle and I were at the Dr's yesterday I was wondering if you were going solo to your appt but forgot to ask. So glad to hear things went well.

What else is on your list of fears?