Friday, May 21, 2010

Twinfants First Trip to Disneyland

Today was our pilot/test trip so that we'd have all the kinks worked out and I'd have a solid game plan for our next visit with Grandma and Oma.

Today we accomplished:
-BOB and twinfants on the tram with the stupid doors (can only ride with a 1:1 adult:twinfant ratio)
-walked back to Mickey & Friends Structure (1/2 mile, but can do with a 1:2 adult:twinfant ratio)
-Annual Passport photos taken with zero wait (I like my photo, though I have no nose. Striker's? Not so much.)
- 1st Visit Buttons acquired...I need to Google all the various options to be sure we collect them all.
-Pictures taken in front of the castle and the "A"...the "A" will be our regular photo spot
-1st ride on Dumbo...learned we wanted front carriers/Moby Wraps for standing in line...20 pounds of baby gets heavy faster than the Dumbo line moves. Self portraits with 3 out of 4 Kolbows facing the camera are considered a success. (Sorry Alex). Despite the looks on their faces, they both seemed to enjoy Dumbo. Yippee!
-Visited the Baby Care Center (end of Main Street on the right by First Aid) and LOVED it. Nothing fancy, but it's quiet, dimly lit, and cool. If they had a foot rest and spa water in the Nursing area, I might never leave! So much easier changing diapers in there than in the fold down changing tables in the regular bathrooms.
-Striker and I will likely eat our way through Disneyland and California Adventure this year...the walking offsets the unhealthy food right?
-Felt like we were fish in an aquarium and heard "twins", "two", and "double" no less than 100 times. Usually these were heard behind us as people walked past. Standing in line, we felt like some sort of attraction as the line wound around us. We felt obligated to smile, acknowledge and answer the questions of those around us.

Overall, a fun and successful trip AND I'm in some pictures...YAY!

3 comments:

KFuj said...

Funny that after having dinner with you, looking at these pictures on facebook (even commenting), I just now realized you have on a Bambi shirt.

I'm glad everyone had a wonderful trip. I'm so glad you had kids before me to do all the trial runs :-)

Kim Thomas said...

Yay for the first visit to the house of mouse!

tendy said...

Home Page replica dolabuy go to the website replica designer bags wholesale look at these guys visit this site