Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Gifts

My "gift" to myself was a burn from an iron, which will likely leave a decent scar on my right wrist. Especially since I didn't take care of it for almost 36 hours and accidentally popped the 2 parts that blistered before I got around cleaning and covering it. Do you have any idea how many times you bump/rub the outer and under sides of the wrist of your dominate hand on any given day? At least the scar will always remind me of my first Mother's Day.

Better gifts included Disneyland Annual Passes for me, Striker, Grandma Barbie, and Oma (the boys are free), and an Olive Garden gift card for me. Yes, Striker's pass was part of my gift ;)

I also "won" the Newest Mother prize at church...Bianka won 2 years ago and her plant is still alive and well. I hope to do the same. Maybe I should take a "before" photo just in case...

3 comments:

KFuj said...

I took care of two plants for over a week!! I'm so proud of myself. I then sent them to the in laws for better care and a chance at survival. Good luck!

Yeah Disneyland passes. You forgot your Glen Ivy gift cards and day at the spa!!

Jane said...

Now that will be a memory for sure

Kim Thomas said...

Three cheers for the Disneyland pass.