Thursday, March 6, 2008

Birthday Extravaganza - Monday

In honor of my birthday, I took the day off of work on Monday. My only plans were Burke Williams (ahhhh) and class.

As previously mentioned, I ended up with a visually impaired massage therapist for my 85 minute swedish/shiatsu combo. I'm generally not too picky about who does the massage as long as it's nice and relaxing. I made a few conclusions this go around that will forever change my preferences.

I've had dozens of massages (most were out of necessity, now it's just for want). I've had 4 male therapists and it was only on Monday that I realized why I will now have a female preference. It has nothing to do with modesty. Somewhat surprisingly, I concluded that it was the MALE therapists that seem more compelled to chat throughout the massage.

I enjoy the peace and quiet and falling into semi-slumber without the obligation of conversation. That's the whole point of a relaxing massage - that and relaxing my poor tense muscles.

The other practical purpose of a massage that I learned on Monday is that it helps me with my Anatomy class. As I felt each part get massaged I played "Name that Bone" (we'd been studying the skeletal system in class). Of course I used this fact to "convince" the hubby that I needed another massage before my test on the muscle system to help me "study". :)

6 comments:

Queen B said...

LOL, the chatting must have been disruptive to your mental "name that bone" game. Maybe if you'd been playing it verbally, he would've shut up!

Ok, when you said that your preferences were forever changed, I so thought you were going to say that you will only ever use visually impaired massage therapists!

Jinjer said...

I have the BEST male massage therapist at BW in Mission Viejo. His name is Matt Greene and he is the only one that I go to! Reason being, I had a very poorly skilled massage therapist one time at BW and literally 20 minutes into the massage, I had to ask him to stop and cut the massage short. Nothing worse than a bad massage.

So drive to MV and see matt Greene! He is seriously the BEST! And he is not visually impaired!

Paula said...

I've only had 3, same woman for 2 and she chatted a lot. The other woman chatted for a min or two, but that was it. No males to compare. I'd give a limb or two for a relaxing spa day.

Captain Will said...

Yes, as long as I get to buy bowling balls (see my blog about my bowling balls) and bowl my tournaments, she can have her "study" massage! :)

Kim Thomas said...

For the second time this week....I need Burke Williams something fierce.

Jane said...

FAvorite birthday quote. "Texting while at the Spa is relaxing"