Monday, March 3, 2008

Birthday Extravaganza - Sunday

I've been having quite the celebratory extravaganza for my 27th birthday. Sunday night was dinner at The Melting Pot with the family. We sit down with our rather rambunctious party of 8 and my Uncle begins to heckle the server. My sister and I at the other end of the table immediately think that we both know her from somewhere. We think high school, but that doesn't seem quite right.

Dinner progresses and we still can't quite figure it out. The server mentions she's been married about a year. My mother and in-laws are deep in conversation naming our as-yet-unconceived children (father-in-law wants a granddaughter and mother wants a grandson). They are throwing around both girl and boy names and are trying to come up with "cool" initials (i.e. I'm JAK). They ask the server her initials - DLS, for Dustin Leigh.

BINGO! How many girls are named Dustin in California? (One of you nutty HCBC girls will Google that, so I'll just continue). I instantly know that she's one of the "Beauty Queens" aka "Blondies" from the Amazing Race. I tell the fam when she runs off for our next course and then make my father-in-law confirm that she is in fact who I think she is.

The family then hits her up with a bunch of questions and I request a picture with her - hey, it WAS my "birthday"! About this time I've texted the Champ and Rach (huge Amazing Race fans - sorry Jane, I didn't have your cell until today), and Kim of course replies that I must get a picture for the blog...here you go:


And thus, this is why we need to go back to The Melting Pot in Brea on the last Tuesday of the month for Girls Night Out. That way we can stalk poor Dustin and make her an honorary member of the HCBC!

BTW - while I am not a small girl, Dustin is itty bitty of Rachel proportions.

8 comments:

Paula said...

How cool is that!!! Glad you had a good time!

Jinjer said...

That's too funny! Sounds like you had a great time. And I feel for you...I too sit and listen to everyone name my unconceived children!!

Ann said...

Very cool!

Ruth Anne said...

sorry I missed it. Hope you had a great day!

Kim Thomas said...

I loved the blonds!

Queen B said...

wow! What a celebration!

Jane said...

So hot

lace1070 said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I am a huge Amazing Race fan ~ how cool to meet one of the team members.