Wednesday, March 19, 2008

For the Fe-Fe

This will also double as the story of how my pets were named.

A few months after the hubby and I got married we decided to get a miniature dachshund aka a wiener dog. It seemed fitting (and yes, uncreative) to name him Oskar (the k makes it German).

A year and a half later, we added a kitty to the family. I knew the owner of a cat that had just had a litter of kittens and requested a girl kitty. We got what we thought was an all black female and named "her" Dee Dee, which was short for Ding Dong, since mama cat is named Twinkie. It turned out that Dee Dee was a he and needed a new name.

My father-in-law suggested Felix which was a perfect fit! Not only was he all black, but Oskar and Felix are the names of The Odd Couple, and they are quite the odd couple!

9 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Hmm...the Odd Couple...RO!

Anonymous said...

Your father-in law is a wise man !!!

Bianka said...

Oskar is miniature?

Queen B said...

too cute! I think Ding Dong would've fit a male cat ;)

Jane said...

My bird was named Data after Star Trek the New Generation

Ann said...

LMAO! Love it!

Unknown said...

too bad your sistor had the idea of getting a weiner dog and naming him oskar...too bad someone stole it!!

Jinjer said...

Love Oskar with the "K" and Felix is the perfect name for a cat! The Felix the Cat cartoon was one of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

I love Felix the Cat cartoon too!!
"righty-o"