Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lost

Reasons my sister will be getting a navigation system for her birthday:
1) Last November I vowed to get her a navi for Christmas and instead got her the Coach ring she wanted

2) La Palma? A few months ago (sometime in between the November incident and this last Friday, my sister and I had this conversation:
Sister (while driving to work in Laguna): Sister, where do you work?
Me: La Palma
Sister: Oh, I'm by your work.
Me: Huh? (thinking quickly, trying to translate the latest sisterism) No you aren't dork.
Sister: Yes I am!
Me: The street La Palma is in Yorba Linda you dork. The city of La Palma is by Knotts Berry Farm.
Sister: Oh

3) On Friday we headed off to South Coast Metro to the Orange County Performing Arts Center to see the Alvin Ailey dance concert. Our plan was dinner at Red Robin and then to head over to the OCPAC. We both drove separately since we were coming from work. Let's just say that my sister ended up losing me in a very short drive and parking in an entirely different parking structure, then blamed me for losing her, and made me responsible for getting her "unlost". And she had printed directions.

Tell me she doesn't need a navigation system...

8 comments:

Queen B said...

Almost everyone needs a navi. It's stupid at this point to waste time being lost when you can have a friendly voice boss you around instead.

Kim Thomas said...

Get her the Nuvi.

Jinjer said...

She definitely needs the navi! I agree with QB, everyone needs one.

Anonymous said...

Yeah she does,but I can't judge because I get lost even when I use mapquest!!!

Unknown said...

yay jocey!!! I always use mapquest...it obviously doesnt work!!!

Bianka said...

I am John's navigation system. When he gets lost he calls me and I have to mapquest his location and help get to where he's supposed to actually be. It happens quite often!

Queen B said...

oh, Bianka, I have been there. My first week in Cali I had to direct the husband from Palo Alto to a spot way past Oakland. Can I tell you how difficult it is to do that when you are totally unfamiliar with an area? You are another great case for a navi!

Teri said...

you kids always need interesting devices.