Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"I Am Organized. Just Not Here."

As you had probably guessed, we will be purchasing a boat in the near future. (And no, I'm not pregnant yet - I'm just a sucker - besides, you all turned on me and voted with the hubby). Once the hubby decides he's going to buy a SeaDoo/Car/House/Boat he becomes obsessed with the idea until the deal is complete.

Today he took off from work (except for some interviews) to progress in the transaction process. Pretty much the only thing between him and a boat is: 1) me, and 2) the missing title to one of the Sea Doos.

The missing title wouldn't be a big deal, except that although we paid it off 5 years ago, the registration still shows a lien holder. This resulted in the hubby calling me at work (where I've actually been busy working lately - just ask Queen B) to see if I knew where it might be.

I've known the hubby for over 6 years now and I've spent just about the entire time utilizing my photographic memory to recall where he left various objects. The title of the Sea Doo falls into one of the categories where the hubby at one time professed that he was putting them in a safe place...and that's the last I remember.

The result?




After tearing apart all of our remaining BOC's (boxes o' crap that we have moved from house to house) we start to recreate the timeline of events. (BTW we've moved 4 times since we first acquired it.) In my head, I can see the Bert's Mega Mall folder that the title should have been stored in. I just have no idea where it ended up. I have an inkling that it's in our old desk that we left in Lake Elsinore, but I'm not certain that the title is still in there...after all, the hubby put it in a "safe place."

After discussing the possible locations or solutions (the bank that holds the lien is no longer in business and the loans were sold somewhere), I dissolved into hysterical laughter, when the hubby made this statement: "I am organized. Just not here. I'm conducting a seminar on organization at work."

I made him promise to use this story and these photos as part of his presentation. :)

6 comments:

Queen B said...

omg, that is hysterical! "I am conducting a seminar on organization at work..." RO! RO! RO!

Yes, JA has been way too busy at work lately :(

Jinjer said...

LMAO! BOC'S? Love it! He totally has to use the photos in his organization seminar at work!

Ann said...

He's conducting the seminar? LOL!

Bianka said...

Oh Lord. What a mess. I hope he at least warned you before you walked in the door??

Jane said...

This is fabulous!
Walking the walk........

Kim Thomas said...

Totally needs to be included in the presentation. Maybe he can present to my team as well?