Friday, July 11, 2008

Back Up Careers

Like Queen B (shocker), I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but there are several random activities that I excel at:

1) Dog Grooming - Oskar has never been to the groomer and, ever since the "tail incident", has looked respectable. Not bad for a long haired dachshund.

2) Scheduler/Organizer/Coordinator - I created a 3 page itinerary for my trip/surgery in Colorado. I will be creating the itinerary for our vacation to Pennsylvania/Ohio/Virgina/New York in August. While probably not as fancy as The Queen's, it will be just as detailed.

3) Wedding Planner - A direct result of #2, not only did I plan every last detail of my own wedding, but I am now the wedding planner for my uncle's wedding in February 2009 - and he just doubled the guest list from 50 to 100.

4) Cupcake Baker - I owe my delicious cupcakes to Pilsbury. People rave about them at work, which makes me laugh - it's mix from a box.

5) Medical Field - No real skill, but thanks to my plethora of medical conditions/experiences over the years I'm pretty well versed in basic medicine.

6) Tech Support for AT&T Pearl's - At least I have been for KFuj, LilDahl, and LilDahl's friend Cassie.

If you can figure out a way to combine them to make a decent income, please let me know!

1 comment:

Queen B said...

1) check
2) check
3) oh, yes, I had quite the wedding project plan myself... even survived changing the location 8 weeks prior to the big day and re-ordering invitations
4) I've outsourced this. If I didn't have the husband... well, I would just never set this as an expectation
5) I got 3 stitches when I was 8. That probably does not qualify me.
6) Tech support in general, check. With being a "MIS major" I was always tasked with technology issues