Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fake Thanksgiving

Several weeks ago, one of my sister's friends (who is also pregnant) had fake Thanksgiving dinner. This sounded like a super good idea, so I added the appropriate items to my Vons.com order. (By the way, how much do I LOVE grocery delivery?!)

I declared today Fake Thanksgiving Tuesday in September. I invited my mom and sister over to partake in the tastiness. It was super easy to make (Stove Top stuffing, instant mashed potatoes, canned corn and cranberry, and just a turkey breast with instant gravy).
















My Plate Before:
















My Plate After:
















Yes, I really did eat all of that! After I'd stuck Henry 4.5 into the oven, I realized that I hadn't planned anything for dessert. (I should mention that since this Henry was only a turkey breast, I didn't feel he should be Henry V.)

For my impromptu dessert, I channeled my inner Andrea Braun and made chocolate chip cookies with ingredients that I actually had in my kitchen...who am I?!

8 comments:

Queen B said...

Who are you indeed! ;) sounds like a great plan 2 me, tho!

Captain Will said...

YUM

Kim Thomas said...

I love channeling my inner Andrea Braun.

Jane said...

AWESOME!!!!

Ruth Anne said...

heartburn?

Looks fun. Anything special sounds great.

Jenn Ann said...

No heartburn - nothing fried or spicy. Just SUPER full. B was very happy with his turkey dinner though. Hopefully they'll both like cranberry since Striker doesn't.

Andrea said...

Looks delish!

Paula said...

This is a great idea since you may not be wanting to do the whole shebang come November! I laughed at "4.5"...hilarious!