Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Signs You're a New Parent

This may only apply to twin parents, at least in this severity...at least I hope.

Mom: I stink. When did I shower last?
Dad: Not today. I didn't either.
Mom: Hmm, was it yesterday some time?
Dad: Maybe.
Mom: Wait, what was yesterday?
Both (realizing yesterday was growth spurt/day of constant feeding/diapering): Nope!
Mom: Guess it was Saturday. Pretty sure it was at night at least.

This conversation may or may not have transpired between Striker and I while going to sleep at midnight tonight. ;) It probably shouldn't be shared publicly, but this is our life. We love every stinky moment of it. We do make the extra effort to shower before non family visits though...sorry family!

And in case you're wondering...I still haven't painted my toenails since removing the (very old, half worn off/grown out) polish on Christmas Eve. Striker commented then that it was the first time he'd seen my toenails naked in the almost 8 years he's known me.

Update on the boys: they are staying awake longer during the day and recognize Mommy and Daddy's voices. Pretty sure that they are about 7 (Alex) and 6(Tony) lbs each...both are about to move up to the next size in clothes (that'll be 0-3 for Alex and Newborn for Tony). They had a crazy growth spurt Sunday that included 21 diaper changes and 9.5 hours of feeding time. Yes, we're still tracking that stuff and are considering adding our showers to the log as well. We already record our vitamins and medications there ;). Oskar is a very good boy and now snuggles with the boys and worries about them when they cry. He's a good big brother!

7 comments:

Queen B said...

that's great about Oskar! Not so much on the showers ;) I definitely vote adding it to the nazi-log :)

Jane said...

Great photo of the boys! Love seeing their eyes!

KFuj said...

I agree add showers to the log book. I'm sure this is normal for twin parents.

The boys are getting so big! I'm afraid I won't be able to tell them apart :-(

Ruth Anne said...

I love your signs of a new parent, so true. I am still lucky to get 2 showers a week.

And the last time I was able to get my toes done was when I went on vacation without the kids 6 months ago!

Jenn Ann said...

I <3 Ruth!

Lisa said...

Love the picture with the dog keeping a watchful eye over the boys.

Diane said...

Love the picture!