Friday, December 18, 2009

This is My Life

And this is my second time writing this post...the first draft got lost in my BlackBerry while going back and forth between BBMs. Sigh.

Last night was the first time that I was home alone with the boys all by myself for 2 hours. Striker was bowling his league and I was finally able to convince my mom to go home and get some rest around 7:45. (She's been working a ton of hours then coming over after work to help and feed us with holding her grandsons as payment - Thanks Mom!)

I took this picture because I was amused that Oskar curled up next to the Boppy with sleeping Alex. It was only upon further review that I noticed all the other fun things in the picture:
-People Magazine - essential for my entertainment during feedings
-"the football" - our log of feedings and diaperings - mock us if you must, but a must have with twins
-TV remote - no explanation necessary
-wipes and changing pad with bonus dirty diaper - since we are spending most of our time hanging out in our bedroom until I get a green light on stairs, our bed has doubled as our changing table. In order to keep Alex awake during his feedings, we change his diaper halfway through otherwise he only eats for 10 minutes and passes out with food coma face.

Poor little Tony has a blocked tear duct, which resulted in my first call to their pediatrician today. It's very common and nothing too serious. It just means he has a goopy eye until it works itself out. It doesn't seem to bother him, but he's a tough little guy!

We're trying to get and upload audio of Tony eating because he makes the funniest noises for such a tiny guy!

9 comments:

Queen B said...

I SWEAR I remember you saying that you would always use your changing table for diaper changings.... I swear I recall hearing you say that.

I'm very proud that you survived the Twin Terrors home alone while Striker was off bowling. Sounds like life is resuming some level of normalcy :)

FUNNY picture!

Rach said...

This picture is just so precious. I love this post.

KFuj said...

I love this picture. Glad to see Oskar enjoying nap time with the boys.

Jane said...

I never used my changing table.

Cutest pic ever!

Diane said...

Oskar is protecting his baby boy.

Kim Thomas said...

The couch is my changing table

And Queen B: I recall the same, she did say she would always use the changing table.

Bianka said...

I'm with Jane and Kim. I've used my changing table like maybe 15 times in the past 2 years of diapering children. The floor and our bed are the most common changing spots.

Jenn Ann said...

Once the boys sleep in their room, the changing table will be used regularly. The pack n play has a changing table for use downstairs and has already been used more times than the couch. Since the boys are currently sharing a crib in our bedroom, our bed doubles as the changing table since it is the proper height. While I no longer have back issues, old habits die hard.

Ruth Anne said...

Sounds so perfect.

My older two had to have the eye probing surgery for the tear duct. The only problem is that they get a lot of eye infections and EVERYONE says, "oh, your baby is crying."