Monday, December 21, 2009

What A Difference 6 Months Makes!

You may recall about 6 months ago when I was sitting at Robbins Bros getting my wedding ring cleaned and had the revelation that the next time I did that, I'd likely have 2 babies at home. Actually I said with me. Well I took KT's advice and left the boys at home with Striker and their Oma and stopped by Robbins Bros after my doctor's appointment today. (Side note: it was really weird to not be pregnant at my OB's office. First time that I'd been there and not had to visit the restroom before I got weighed. All is well and I go back in 4 weeks...in the meantime I'm allowed to take walks and moderately use the stairs but nothing that counts as exercise.)

I was asked by both my mom and aunt if I missed the boys while I was out by myself. I actually missed the belly more, because I'm not used to taking the boys with me places outside of my body yet. I am used to driving while talking to the belly or playing with Tony when a good song was on the radio. I even drank lemonade (official beverage of making the belly dance) before the appointment out of habit. Of course I missed the boys, but hopefully someone will understand what I'm trying to say here.

Anyhow, I am becoming concerned about a few of the changes that momhood has brought to my life.

Exhibit A: While sitting in Robbins Bros waiting for my rings to come back to me all nice and sparkly, I see a young guy looking for an engagement ring (duh, I was in "the world's biggest engagement ring store") and think about how much my life has changed, that I have 2 little boys now, and that one day they will be engagement ring shopping. I feel a little weepy. I blame the hormones (by the way, how long can I legitimately get away with blaming hormones for unJennlike behavior? Ruth?).

Exhibit B: I'm never early places. Usually right on time or within 10 minutes late. For the 2nd time since officially being a mom I was EARLY today. I've made MANY trips to my OB over the last 6 months. I was 20 minutes early to my appointment today so I had time to go get a Peppermint Mocha (Christmas in a cup) and drink it before my appointment. I shared my concern with the Queen and she assured me that this was to be expected since I was overestimating the time to do everything right now and that at some point I'd stop doing that and return to my "normal" arrival time. Shared thought.

Exhibit C: I stopped at Babies R Us on the way back (which I have visited WAY more times than Target in the last few months...sigh...Exhibit D?) and purchased one of the stupid nursing cover up thingies that I swore I'd never buy. (This is NOT like the changing table issue. This you may mock me for.)It's not wide enough to cover tandem feeding twins, but I bought it with the intention of using it as a pattern to make a twin size version. (And I actually think that I will return it, along with the other items that I've been accumulating to return to various places. They are in bags with their receipts if I have them. If I actually return them, we'll have Exhibit E.) I had a feeling that there wouldn't be a good selection online for twins that were wide enough and long enough to actually cover up. There isn't. I may contact the nice people that make the greatest twin nursing pillow on the planet (also the only one) and see if they'll let me sell them my idea to make a fortune. I also have an idea for including a BlackBerry pocket and burp cloth/drool catcher. :) It's my million dollar idea...maybe I shouldn't have posted it here for the world to see? And yes, I just might try to make one in festive Christmas fabric before Friday...it'll be my prototype. This is Exhibit C not because I'm being crafty, but because I'm potentially creating and selling a mom product. Seriously? Who am I?! Ooh, maybe I can go on Shark Tank?! That chick with the elephant medicine dispenser is making some good dough!

6 comments:

KFuj said...

You do have 2 babies at home, next time I get mine cleaned I probably will have a baby at home..most likely I will have him with me since they will want to see him.

Robbins Brothers Blogger said...

Congrats to the new moms (and dads) from the moms who work at Robbins Brothers!
Diane

Queen B said...

can't wait for the rest of the story...

love the Verizon footer :) I might need to get Quicktime@ 6.5 or higher

Jenn Ann said...

Story has been completed and the stupid Verizon footer has been removed. It only appears once when they change it and I don't know it's there unless you tell me. I've mobiley posted multiple times and it hasn't been there since the first time. Sigh.

Kim Thomas said...

You may be early by accident today but next time you will be early on purpose. Love stealing an extra 20 minutes for Starbucks time.

Queen B said...

Exhibit A is sweet... I totally get it... not that I talk to my belly, but I think I understand ;)

Exhibit C will never be a shared thought ;) I really don't know what to do with it!