Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tired Striker

You may have noticed that the boys don't look that much alike...or at least that it's fairly easy to tell them apart. Striker and I have been known to mix up a baby at 2 AM when half asleep. This becomes an issue for the purposes of our nursing/diapering log and general confusion for the other half asleep parent.

Tonight at only 8PM (when we were both wide awake), the following conversation occurred:

Me: Which side for Alex?
Striker: Alex is on the right.
Me: Ok. (Begins nursing)
Striker: (reviewing the log again) oops, I screwed up.
Me: (peering over at the log) Um, Babe? This is Alex, not Tony...did you write that on the wrong side?
Striker: Oh, we're good!
Me: (sigh) (laugh)
Striker: Blog?

At least he knew what was coming :)


6 comments:

Jane said...

I always used a scruncie and moved from wrist to wrist to remember which was the correct side.

Blue scruncie for Alex, black for Tony :)

Lisa said...

I get a kick out of reading your post. We saw the embryologist yesterday and the first thing she asked was, "what do think about having twins?" I thought my husband was going to pass out. Good times and thanks for the laughs.

Kim Thomas said...

I did the scrunchie thing and it worked great for one.

KFuj said...

Poor Striker. I could see it still being confusing with twins. Who's blue who is black??

Ruth Anne said...

Eventually you just feed the hungry one with the bigger boob.

Queen B said...

you should probably just embroider all their clothes with their names :)