Wednesday, August 1, 2007

How many would you like?

How many times have you heard that question after answering "yes" to the inquiry of a fast food employee as to whether or not you'd like ketchup/mustard/hot sauce/all condiments?

Today at lunch I want to Taco Smell for a Crunchwrap Supreme - love them! The drive-thru guy asked if I wanted hot sauce and I said yes. I didn't bother to check because every other time I'd gone there (and let me tell you that's been way too many to count) I've received an ample supply of hot sauce. In fact, I've received hot sauce even when I've said "no, thanks".

Imagine my surprise when I returned to my office, opened the bag, and saw exactly TWO packets of hot sauce. (BTW, how great is it that they print little sayings on them?) Crunchwraps require 3 packets of hot sauce and I am disappointed. This made me think that asking the question "How many would you like?" might actually be an important one after all.

9 comments:

Queen B said...

That's awful! I love Taco Smell... I'm a nachos bell grande girl, myself.

Ann said...

That's so not right! Only two? Taco Smell is one of my favorites. I enjoy the nachos bell grande and the steak quesadillas.

Kim Thomas said...

Whenever we go to one of David's favorites' KFC (Note: finger sticking in mouth as if to gag) I drown mine in the KFC hotsauce. Which by the way is the best thing they have at KFC.

Jane said...

Come to my house. We have a whole container of those saved that havent been used.

I even have 3 for that crunch wrap supreme

Jenn Ann said...

Kim, I 100% agree with gagging over KFC which is Will's favorite place too...possibly second only to Panda Express.

Yum, nachos bell grande...pretty much the same as a crunch wrap supreme only messy! Steak taquitos are pretty good too!

Jane, I'm on my way over for hot sauce and room temperature water!

Ruth Anne said...

No hot or mild sauce for me, but I would like 3 bbq packets for my fries.

2 is too small, 3 should be assumed!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ann, Nacho Supreme and the Steak quesadilla. Yummy!

Teri said...

I may be a little plain but I stick to the plain old tacos.

Bianka said...

I like Double Decker Tacos with no cheese and Chicken Soft Tacos with chicken and lettuce only. I am boring. You can use the hot sauces they give me cuz I don't use any.

Anyhow, my suggestion is that you keep a pretty little flower pot or something on your desk with extra condiments inside for these exact types of emergencies! :)