Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

This is the actual title of a book, on the New York Times Best Seller List. It was written by a guy named Tucker Max based on his experiences which he's blogged about on his website. Mothers, please don't let your children view the site or read the book!

Basically, the guy has made himself into a brand and created an empire that has now evolved into a movie. All from blogging. It's his full time job. And he's not a nice person. He doesn't do nice things. He's a big fat jerk. And this is how he makes his living and lives in New York.

Sadly, I found his book amusing on my flight home from Cleveland on Monday. I checked out his website and found that it was also well done. It's sort of addicting. He even has a Wikipedia page.

Sigh, should I be ashamed that I am hooked or that I aspire to get paid to blog?

4 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

This will be me one day. I want to make my living blogging about Ketchup and how it is the official condiment of the great state of Alaska.

KFuj said...

I read "sushi pants" and I love it!

Queen B said...

boycotting :) though I will totally support Kim as a full-time blogger. I think it's time for her to move on to her field study.

Queen B said...

Will you name your book "Hot Chick with Room-temp Ketchup in a Cold State"?