Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Quiz Answer

I'm surprised that no one has harassed me about this yet (maybe you guys just don't care?) but I will now tell you the answer to my Quiz.

The significance is...drum roll please...This is a drawing of an ornament that was on the chair that George Washington sat in during the Continental Congress. Ben Franklin made this comment (paraphrased - obviously): "I've been sitting here trying to decide whether the sun was rising or setting on your chair. After the things that we have accomplished, I now know that it is rising." It's also all over Historic Philadelphia.

That was your history lesson for the day and one of the things that I learned on vacation :)

3 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Thank God you have provided this answer....now I'll be able to sleep tonight. :)

P.S. David didn't know the answer to this-shocking.

Queen B said...

I stand by my answer

Ruth Anne said...

I am just a little smarter today.