Thursday, September 18, 2008

Who the heck is Queen B?

First, Kim1Champ became Sydney's Mom (Example A and Example B). Now I'm not sure what has happened to Queen B, but she is suddenly OBSESSED with calling me at work. For the last three days (and really, ever since we had our first conference call with Kim), Queen B has made it a point to call me each afternoon (or at least thought about it so much she told me she was going to (Wednesday). We have spoke on the phone more this week, than we have since we've known each other.

The Queen and I have "known" each other for quite some time now - almost 2 years or so. The number of hours spent in the same vicinity is less than 48, but we have conversed countless hours via the blogs (Example A, Example B, Example C), BBM, and AIM.

You'll note that none of our usual methods of communication actually involve verbal communication. Perhaps this is why we get along so well with Kim (and here's further proof in case you need it). This also explains why, when I finally met the Queen (in person) in January, I was shocked that the Texan sounded like she grew up in Southern California. You can witness this phenomenom next Tuesday when we join Striker for his blog radio show. Details can be found here. You can even call in and ask to hear the story about how Queen B gave me my stage name of Polly!

5 comments:

Queen B said...

it's totally true! I called her on Tuesday at work, got her voicemail, and have been fascinated ever since at the idea of leaving her voicemails. We'll see how tomorrow goes ;)

Ruth Anne said...

You guys are funny. Love it.

Jane said...

I love friendships developed over blogs :)

T-30 :)

Kim Thomas said...

I am going to start calling you at work.

Jinjer said...

This is great...I love how Queen became obsessed with calling you at work! I am with Kim, I think we should all start calling you at work!