Sunday, September 21, 2008

It Sure Beats Hot Wax

Rachel and a few other girls at work have been RAVING about eyebrow threading ever since it was introduced to them by one of the Indian guys that works here. Not being a big fan of waxing or plucking, and seeing Kim's excitement to experience eyebrow threading when Rachel told her about it, I figured I should suck it up and try something new. Off to Ziba we went...

When we first walked in it was pretty empty so all of the threaders were standing around staring at us - totally intimidating!

First, you assume the position:
Your eyes are closed, so you miss all the action, but the lady basically rips out all of your stray eyebrows (or any other hair) by twisting/rolling thread over them.
They them trim them up...
The whole process takes about 5 minutes and doesn't hurt nearly as bad as waxing. I will definitely be doing it again!

9 comments:

KFuj said...

I love eyebrow threading! I get it done at the nail place on Pipeline and Grand, Fashion Nails (I think). Nice and close to home and it is where I get my manis and pedis too. All it one place while my toes dry :-)

Queen B said...

ow

Kim Thomas said...

I don't understand why there isn't a video?

I simply can't wait to do this!!!!

I still don't get how it works.

Andrea said...

Interesting...This may be something that I will look into seeing as how my eyebrows are currently approaching becoming "my eyebrow" and the are also sliding down the side of my cheeks...

Anonymous said...

I think threading hurts more.

Jinjer said...

I have never tried threading...I need to look into it for sure!

Jane said...

Love the model :_

Rach said...

Love it! I'm so glad you came. I hope you will be addicted.

Rach said...

You will cry or have tears if you do your upper lip, but it is worth it. Just don't let those hairs get to long.