Friday, November 13, 2009

33 Weeks

This is a BlackBerry picture of the display on my digital camera after I took the 33 Week picture myself with the aid of my tripod and auto timer setting on my camera. Striker is in Vegas this weekend hopefully bowling lots of strikes and winning some money. I promise to upload the real picture just as soon as I upload it to my laptop.

Let's see, highlights for this week:
At my 32 1/2 week appointment, the belly measured a whopping 42 weeks. My doctor laughed with me, because really, if I go until 36 weeks I'll be 46 weeks belly size or more, and that's just so ridiculous, you have to laugh. Or cry. I choose to laugh.

Right after last week's post, the super uncomfortable belly took effect. It's like a timer went off or something. Back started to hurt, hips are just miserable, moving or changing position on a frequent basis is a necessity (or else I get stuck) but doing so is comical and pathetic all at the same time. My massage therapist mentioned that he felt a lot more tension in my back last Friday compared to the prior week, so that comforted me that at least this wasn't all in my head. The belly button is so ridiculously stretched out that I'm worried it may never be the same again! There will be no naked belly pictures taken or at least shared publicly for the remainder of this pregnancy. Sorry Jane!

Striker has pretty much taken over all household activities and I've resumed couch sitting/laying on an almost permanent basis. I can tell time by my sausage toes. If I stand for 30 minutes, I get sausage toes. If I am sitting upright with my feet down, I get cankles and sausage toes in 3 hours. It's seriously like clockwork.
My sister is staying with me for the rest of the weekend and my mom and aunt are coming to help with a few things so I can just continue to lay around and grow babies. I'm not on official bed rest, but I'm on self imposed do-nothing-but-rest. I think the boys had a growth spurt one day this week because I swear I did nothing but sleep all day! I'm trying to eat a little more, even though I'm not hungry, just to be sure that B is getting enough food.

I want both to be at least 5 pounds at birth, stay out of the NICU, and preferably be December babies (by strict requests of both Mr and Mrs KFuj who will be in Vegas Thanksgiving weekend and Auntie and Uncle who will be getting new carpet that weekend). I want December babies so that we all have blue birthstones. ;) However, Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away-holy crap!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't think you'll make December! We'll see.

Uncle.

Queen B said...

haha. I was wondering if you were still encouraging them to come after Thanksgiving dinner... sounds not-so-fun at this point :(

KFuj said...

Glad A and B are growing. 42 weeks is just funny!! I don't want to be 42 weeks, but you have two so its okay ;-)

Keep resting and growing healthy babies. If you need anything let me know!

Andrea said...

I have to say that I like the picture....it is very art-schooly/film-schooly.

Jane said...

and she is up at 445 am

Kim Thomas said...

4 pounds 7 ounces turns out Champion ;)

Ruth Anne said...

Maybe it is the fact that I am done or that I have been there, but I am totally so sad for how uncomfortable you probably are.

Good luck.