Tuesday, November 24, 2009

All I Want...

...Is a few more Oreos. See, when my mom was pregnant with me, she ate Oreos and Dr. Pepper right before her water broke. It's been a joke that when I wanted to evict the boys I just needed to do the same.

It's Christmas time (yes, I am aware that it is not yet Thanksgiving...I broke my own rule and started celebrating 9 days early this year), and that means White Fudge Oreos are here! I'm very big on seasonal treats...See's chocolate balls at Christmas, chocolate eggs and a bunny at Easter, candy corn before Halloween, you get the idea. I commented last weekend that I hadn't been able to find White Fudge Oreos on my limited outings and really wanted to find them. My sister found them and bought me a box yesterday. I ate two around 4:30 despite her warning that I'd better not go into labor. I argued that since I wasn't eating them with Dr. Pepper, I was safe. So tasty!!! I immediately put 6 into a bag and labeled it 12/3, intending to eat 3 for each of the boys on what I've decided is eviction day. I'll be getting the Dr. Pepper later.

Fast forward to just before 9:00...I'm watching Dancing With The Stars and feel what is clearly a contraction. This continues for half an hour with contractions every 5-6 minutes before I alert Striker and consult my experienced mother friends...they are generally polar opposites on the medical front, so they make drawing conclusions pretty easy by finding the middle. I decide to try control alt deleting because I refuse to believe that the boys would violate my post-turkey dinner rule. A half hour goes by and the contractions are farther apart. Convinced they will be going away, I decide to go to sleep. Other than a few random ones felt when waking up 45 times to go to the bathroom, it was definitely not real labor.

Another scheduled non-stress test this morning and I was sent home. YAY! I was told by the nurse that they are no longer worrying if I have contractions since I'm 35 weeks on Thursday. She did however tell me to come in if there was decreased fetal movement, my water broke, or if the contractions started to bother me.

I really want to eat a few more of the White Fudge Oreos, but Queen B won't let me. :(

Coincidentally, Diane posted this today. Oh how I want to try those too!!!

6 comments:

KFuj said...

NO OREOS at least until I get back from Vegas.

Queen B said...

there will be plenty of time to have holiday Oreos between 123 and Christmas day.

Jane said...

"Queen B wont let me" - the best!!

Queen B said...

Queen B rules with an iron fist ;)

Ruth Anne said...

That was always the hard part for me, are these contractions going to go away? Should I start gathering the troops?

They say if you can sleep, it isn't real.

Here is to enjoying the last couple days even if it is with oreos.

Rach said...

This is very funny! Love those Oreos, be strong, unless you change your mind and want November babies.