Sunday, July 5, 2009

2 hours later...

We finally ran out of fireworks and sparklers!!! We had 120 sparklers and learned that my mother in law is quite the pyro and rule breaker!! Striker and I had an assembly line going - I prepped them, and he lit them. It was definitely quite the extravaganza!

The Thomas Family joined us for the first half - we saved the good stuff for after they left ;) - and Sydney was quite the champ! She liked the sparklers and the bigger the fireworks, the better! I was totally impressed, especially since my 25 year old sister was more afraid than Sydney! :)

Added bonus: some people were in the park across the street shooting off Disneyland type fireworks. They had a ton of them and put on quite a show with only 2 brief intermissions when the Fire Dept drove thru the neighborhood and then again when the police cruised thru.

4 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Thank you for having us! Wish we could have stayed longer!

kays said...

Boy you gave me a laugh with this:

and learned that my mother in law is quite the pyro and rule breaker!!

Tooo funny! Sounds like you guys had fun. kays

Bianka said...

ALL fireworks are illegal in our city.. even sparklers.

Paula said...

looks like a great time. I saw no fireworks for the 4th this year :(