Monday, November 5, 2007

Clean Up on Aisle 3!


My mom called me today at lunch time frustrated with the Staples store that I worked at 7 years ago. Our conversation went something like this:

Mom: Does Staples sell "For Sale" signs?
Me: For your car?
Mom: Yeah
Me: Yeah, by the locks and safes.
Mom: Well I was there and the guy told me to go down one of the aisles but there weren't any signs there. And when I told him there weren't any signs, he said "we don't have any then". So I left.
Me: Well, go to Home Depot - they have them.
Mom: Well I'm by Target, do they have them?
Me: Yep! In the hardware section, probably by the locks and safes.

Shortly after our conversation my mom sent an email to my aunt detailing her frustration and proudly alerting us both that she had found her sign!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Poor Mom! Glad she finally found her sign!

Queen B said...

that's awesome. next time I'm at a store looking for something, I am so calling you for help rather than (1) tracking down a worker or (2) picking up the red phone. Apparently it doesn't matter what store, you're just that good!

Also, whenever I get one of those surveys on my receipt I'm going to recommend that they hire you or at least pay you for your remote navigation services. You're better than OnStar.