Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tips for New Bloggers

Since so there are so many new bloggers this week, I thought it might be helpful to offer them a few tips (with a little help from the HCBC):

1) Make sure to post often on your blog and post comments on other blogs (in particular the hot chicks blog). If you do this, they may make you a lucky part of their group
-Rachel
As seen on This Pickle has something to say

2) Photos and links liven up each post. A little required reading goes a long way. News stories are great fillers on a slow day!

3) Everyone loves a poll!

4) Funny mom stories are great!

5) Discreet photos can make even the simplest things entertaining!

I'm sure there are more...Ladies?

7 comments:

Ann said...

All I can say is, Comment, comment, comment! Bloggers LOVE comments!

Ruth Anne said...

My friend does this, and I like it.

Put a link to your blog on your personal email signature.

Queen B said...

definitely comment!

checking out reutters, cnn and msn.com always find me a weird story or two to make as required reading. luck especially at German news as they have the weirdest things happen over there!

Captain Will said...

Queen B, you are so right. I used to do a weird news segment on my old podcast, and there were always at least 2 or 3 stories from Deutschland.

Jane said...

Great points.

One other: you know those dumb pass along emails. Use them as a post instead.

And when all else fails: Pimp the blog!

Teri said...

just do whatever kim says. I was so discombolulated in the beginning.

also dont worry what your family getting embarrasd they will support you no matter what

Kim Thomas said...

Might I add, don't make your blogs too long. People could lose interest.