Saturday, November 24, 2007

Deliver the letter, the sooner the better...


I'm a huge fan of Christmas cards!! I LOVE getting them and I religiously send them every year. (I also religiously send thank you notes, address changes, and invitations - in the electronic era, I still believe some occasions warrant snail mail! However, I am not sending paper invitations to our upcoming housewarming/birthday extravaganza - if you're reading this blog, you're invited Dec 8th - you'll just need to call for directions if you haven't been here yet. I digress...)

I was super prepared with the Christmas cards this year! We did the photo cards last year and I totally loved them! The family likes the picture (including the pets of course), old friends know what I look like so if we run into each other somewhere we recognize each other, and I don't have to actually write on the card. :)

Prior to my surgery, the hubby and I took pictures in Colorado for the card in the event that I ended up losing more of my hair than expected. When I got home from Colorado I ordered the cards, addressed them, stamped them, and had them all ready to go - before Thanksgiving!!! I literally had the hubby drop them in the mail on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner. The bad part to being so prepared? I've lost a good 20 pounds since my surgery (after all I've consumed this week - maybe 15?), so I look huge in the card photo...oh well, I'll just look that much more thin when people see me :)

6 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

I hate to admit this but I have never sent out Christmas cards.... I do like getting them and often have the intention of sending them but they never make it to the mail.

How pathetic am I?

Ruth Anne said...

Maybe I would be ready if I could just get a stupid picture of EVERYONE in it!

(And I have to look good.)

karinski said...

we got your card already! And you look beautiful. And the furries are adorable. You are such an overachiever!

Teri said...

I love sending Christmas cards. I'll have to get you girls addresses so I can send some to you.

Ann said...

My cards were in the mail Friday morning! I love them, and I love being the 1st in my family to send them out!

Anonymous said...

I prefer the one with the doggie.

ehw