Friday, November 16, 2007

Malibu Barbie

A week or two ago (the then very pregnant) Bianka and I had the following conversation:

Bianka: Is your mom's last name still Dahl?
Me: Yes...?
Bianka: How long have I known you?
Me: At least 5 years.
Bianka: It just occurred to me this morning that your mom is Barbie Dahl!
Me: And up until last weekend, she drove a Malibu...so she was Malibu Barbie!

Which then led me to share the following story....
Shortly after my mom bought her first Malibu, my sister and I bought her a license plate frame that read "Malibu Barbie". One day my mom was sitting at a traffic light when a motorcycle cop pulls up next to her and taps on her window. She rolls down her window...

Officer: Is your name Barbie?
Mom: Yes
Officer: (chuckling) And you drive a Malibu?
Mom: Yes, and my last name is Dahl!
Officer: (laughing) Have a great day! (and he drives off)

This is a picture of my mom on her birthday (I won't say which birthday, I'm not that mean) and YES she is in a dog house. I had a perfectly nice picture of her up, but she called me and told me to take it down. I warned her that if I did I'd be putting this one up. Enjoy!


I love you Mom!

7 comments:

Bianka said...

What an adorable doghouse! Your mom looks comfy. I hope her birthday was fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

And which BIG birtday was this????

Kim Thomas said...

This brings all new meaning to being in the doghouse.

Ann said...

A happy birthday to Malibu Barbie Dahl! :o)

Queen B said...

too cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad that I'm not that old!

Captain Will said...

Just for clarification, her birthday is in February, and this was back in 2006. Since she didn't like the original picture, Jenn decided to lay it on a little thick. :)

Oh, and for fear of getting smacked (or possibly worse), I will not mention which BIG birthday this was. :)