Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Why Procrastination CAN Pay Off!

Two weeks ago I showed off my expertise in procrastination when it comes to school work. The final proof came through today. As usual I waited until the last minute to begin my research paper for my nutrition class. I had everything planned out perfectly (down to the last minute) and would have just enough time to comfortably complete the paper.

And then Madeline decided that she wanted to be born that particular evening and left me with the (un)fortunate choice of watching her birth or writing my paper. Knowing that I work/write exceptionally well under pressure, I chose to watch her birth which was absolutely amazing! (Thanks Bianka for giving me the opportunity!) That left me to write my 3-4 page research paper the day it was due.

I finished the paper by 6:00 pm the day it was due and anxiously awaited my score. It wasn't my finest work, and felt strangely like a blog, but I figured it would do.

Today I received my perfect score (75/75) and the following comments from the teach:
"Eating For Life" sounds like a very healthy, reasonable diet. I like that there is one day where a person can eat whatever they want. Your report was well-written and interesting. You did a good job of organizing your thoughts with the details of the diet. Thank you for your hard work.

If she only knew... :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY, you are so smart. Im jealous. Maybe I should read your paper and learn a thing or two about being healthy.

EHW

Queen B said...

procrastination rocks! and you have lots of practice with the writing a bunch of crap and making it sound great... that's what blogging is all about, right? er, maybe that is just me ;)

Kim Thomas said...

Perfect Score.....WOWEE!!!!!! I tend to procrastinate when it comes to stuff I am bad at, if I am good at it I knock it out quick!

Bianka said...

Haha I was always amazing at writing papers within 24 hours of being due. But don't blame Madeline! :)

Anonymous said...

Well your blogs are always interesting and well written. I'm the queen of procrastination, and with some of my college classes that's a curse. But with my last essay in english my procrastinating acutally got me an A!!! I guess it depends.

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear you still get perfect scores after brain surgery.

Ann said...

I am with Kim. I usually procrastinate when I can't do things well. Glad you got a perfect score! Nice job!

karinski said...

I cant believe you got a perfect score! I remember messaging with you about this. Hope your teacher doesnt read this!

Teri said...

I try not to procrastnate but sometimes I cant help it. When my feet hurt I just cant do naything.

Jenn Ann said...

Not worried about the teacher reading this...I'm still taking classes under my maiden name because 1) I'm lazy and 2) I'm procrastinating cuz there's no point...yet...