Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving & Turkey Carving 101

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Things I am thankful for:
1) Family and friends of course - you made it possible to get through one of the most trying years on record for me! (When you start wishing in July that the year would be over, you know it didn't start off well!) I'm not even going to try to name you all as this blog might last until the new year. :)

2) The HCBC - you gals are the greatest group of women that I've never actually met :) Thank you for allowing me to feel as though I've known each of you for years and for filling my love tank on a continual basis!

3) Dr. Oro and all of the other doctors and medical staff that touched my life this year - who would think that anyone would be thankful for brain surgery?! Not only was it successful, but I now feel better and have a life better than I ever thought would be possible.

4) Our new home that allows us to be closer to our family and friends and not feel that we are living in a foreign country.

5) My hubby for being loving and patient throughout this entire year of insanity and supporting my blogging addiction.

6) Everyone of you that reads this blog - even if you don't comment (argh)!

Enough with the sappy stuff! ;) And now, turkey carving 101 by my mom:




It wasn't pretty, but it was TASTY!! (Like the Evans family, we had the Dahl girls Thanksgiving last Saturday).

6 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Yummo!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Queen B said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We are thankful for you, and your super cool scar ;) always a good conversation starter... gobble gobble...

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanxgiving. Was your mom using one of those electric carvers?

Ruth Anne said...

Looks great. Happy Thanksgiving! And happy black friday!

Ann said...

That poor turkey! I know it's already dead, but is that even humane? LOL!

Teri said...

Your mom is lovely.