Sunday, November 18, 2007

TINSTAAFL or TINSTAAFB?

TINSTAAFL = There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch (in this case I'm going with Breakfast) There's my educational Economics reference for you. :)

Yesterday was my sister's last day working for "the mouse". Since graduating from high school 5 1/2 years ago she's worked in one of "the mouse's" restaurants in one capacity or the other. She was only at her last restaurant for about a year and thus I hadn't managed to visit her there while she was working because she only worked during breakfast hours.

I told her that the hubby and I would be coming for breakfast on her last day. I then secretly coordinated to have my mom, aunt, uncle, and uncle's parents join us. When I called my sister for specific directions she refused. After a little "flexing of the muscles" the hubby got the directions.



My sister stuck us in the back corner because we tend to create a ruckus when we're all out together (the mimosas may have had something to do with that). Her boyfriend, Alfonso, was our server (poor guy) and the back of my head aka scar and "boy hair" were the main attraction for everyone that worked there. They were nice enough to take a group picture of us and that server in the background is Alfonso!

Then came the favorite part of any meal with my family - the bill came. Regardless of where we are or who paid last, my mom and aunt (and any other working adults present) fight over who gets to pay the bill. Money gets thrown around and there is a tug of war over the little black bill holder. The debate raged for a good 5 minutes before my sister came over to our table and asked if any of us had bothered to actually look at the bill. My mom opened the bill holder thingy and saw this:



Guess she wasn't going to earn very many Southwest Miles on this bill!

4 comments:

Queen B said...

ha ha! that was a great story. Side note, I think everytime I think of a "mouse" from now on, I am going to be picturing Ethan holding his mouse. yikes

question: do you participate in the fighting over the bill fight? I am so thinking I need to start offering to pay ever so often when I go out with my parents, but that seems like it would suck ;)

Jenn Ann said...

I totally didn't think of Ethan's mouse when I referenced THE mouse. Now I will forever think of the two and that is just terribly WRONG!

Until you have children of your own you won't get to win the bill paying argument. I've tried on a few occasions to "win" and haven't...oh darn! :)

Ann said...

I never "win" pay-the-bill with the parents, ever! Great story!

Kim Thomas said...

Yeah! Southwest Card...Wanna get away?