Wednesday, January 30, 2008

After the Storm

Things you don't often see in So Cal:
1) The absence of smog
2) Snow on the mountains this heavily saturated and low
3) Greenery in JANUARY


I'm rather proud of the skill involved in taking this shot while driving 80 mph on the freeway:
LOOK! The flowers are BLOOMING!!!
Wait until summertime and I'll show you what these hills look like pretty much year round:


No that's not snow, it's clouds surrounding the mountains...
And this is earth worm suicide (it's not my fault, they were trying to crawl into my garage and got stuck along the weather stripping):

8 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

It's so pretty when the hills are green. I love driving from Pasadena to Glendale this time of year, you can see downtown, century city, hills are green. It's beautiful

Anonymous said...

Nice pics,so pretty especially those yellow flowers. Cali is really nice this time of year!

Ruth Anne said...

That was really pretty until I got to the worms. My stomach is still wiggling.

Jinjer said...

The pics are awesome! I also need to point out that you did a PHENOMENAL job of starting your goal of mobile blogging! Way to goooo!

Paula said...

beautiful pics. I'm impressed that you were able to take such good shots while driving! My "pics while driving" always turn out bad!

Queen B said...

definitely great pics. This reminds me of the first year I lived in Phoenix that the mountains were actually green and yellow with wildflowers thanks to lotsa rain. Every other year, they were just brown yearlong.

Kim Thomas said...

Whenever Jenn Ann posts early in the morning one day and then either skips a day or posts late in the evening the next day, I feel cheated and go through a Jenn Ann withdrawel. Thats what is happening to me right now.

Anonymous said...

Kim is too funny!