Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Trip to Costco (almost)

Anyone that has ever been to Costco knows that it's virtually impossible to get a decent parking spot. While I usually don't mind parking farther away and walking (a little extra exercise), I DO mind parking far away when I have to push my Costco purchase filled cart back to my car on what always seems to be an uphill walk. Imagine my surprise (and joy) when I managed to score the parking spot below today.
Having committed to experimenting with not carrying a purse (a la the infamous Kim Thomas) I've been carrying only the essentials on recent shopping excursions and have been quite pleased. Until today. It was only as I reached for my phone to capture this wondrous image that I realized that my Costco card was at home.

I began to sort through my options: go inside and stand in the RIDICULOUSLY long Member Services line and plead my case (I assumed I could get a temporary card or even a new one under the premise of having lost mine) OR go to the gym and hit up Costco again tomorrow night since I don't have class (in honor of MLK). With a decision that surprised even me, I opted for the gym over standing in line. Apparently my preferred avoidance of lines is greater than my former ability to make any excuse not to go to the gym. YAY for lifestyle changes!

Don't worry mom, I'm confident that this isn't a result of my brain surgery. I've done stupid crap like this all the time, I just didn't always blog about it. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Costco on a weekend,and you got such a good spot too!

Queen B said...

RO!

Kim Thomas said...

The best part of this story is that it has happened to me. Now my Costco card is in my list of essentials.

Jane said...

ME too!!!