Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Brief Recap of my Week (thus far) and Plans

My week (and the whole month really) has been so crazy busy at work (and shockingly for the right reasons) that I'm functioning on auto-pilot to survive. The good news is that I work well under pressure and like being busy, as it makes the time at work fly by...the challenge is that I'm spending a lot more time there than I'd like.

Monday 6:30 AM - 7:00 PM
# of hours worked: 12 1/2
Starbucks - yes (if I'm getting up and leaving my house before 6 AM, I'm going to need caffeine!)
Lunch break consisted of 30 mins to run to Fresh and Easy and stock pile meals/snacks for the week
Costco after work (best time to go to Costco, especially if it's raining)

Tuesday 7 AM - 7 PM
# of hours worked: 12
Starbucks - no
Lunch - PBJ at desk
Stopped at mom's house briefly on the way home to use facilities
Got home at 8PM, in bed watching tv by 8:30, asleep by 9

Wednesday 7AM-5PM
# of hours worked: 10
Starbucks - yes (I left at 5:59 AM - it counts!)
After work: class until 8:30 + plus 30 minutes to sell my teacher on her exemplary student
It was only on my drive home that I realized I hadn't had anything to eat since my banana at 10 AM - did I mention it was POURING rain?

Thursday 6AM-5PM
# of hours planned to work: 11
After work plans: Kings vs. Ducks @ Staples Center
I'd like to get my rainy day bread bowl, but I'm not holding my breath

Friday 7AM-5PM
# of hours planned to work: 10
I'm really hoping to stick to this plan!

Please note that these times do not reflect my hour commute to work and 40 minute commute home.

I started this post because it felt like I hadn't blogged in forever and felt compelled to defend that - then I realized that I blogged Monday morning which honestly feels like it was a week ago. Sigh!

5 comments:

Ann said...

Yuck! I know how you feel! Busy, busy, busy!

Queen B said...

thanks for the recap - I have missed you!

lace1070 said...

Gees woman ~ when you got your decompression they must have stuck some kind of energizer bunny charger pack in there! You are amazing ~ and yes ~ I am stalking your real life blog b/c it's nice to see that life goes on :) ~Lace

Kim Thomas said...

Planning to work 10 hours on a Friday is just plain wrong.

P.S. Hope the Ducks whoop em tonight.

Captain Will said...

Sorry to disappoint you Champ...3-1 Kings!

I will be blogging about the game shortly.