Thursday, January 24, 2008

Girl Scout Motto: Be Prepared!

Apparently, I'm a crappy Girl Scout (probably because Jane wasn't my leader).

It rained Monday/Tuesday morning. Somehow I missed the memo that it was supposed to rain AGAIN Wednesday. And we're talking buckets. It was raining so hard around 2 PM that I heard the rain in my office. I have no windows, and have 2 layers of ceiling above me. For me to hear the rain, it's got to be POURING.

Panic sets in - I had class to attend after work and that involves a long walk from the parking lot to the building. I don't have an umbrella. What to do? I went to Rachel and see if she's prepared - negative. Then I remember that Pickle is prepared for anything because she has a nice collection of useful things in her car. :)

SCORE! She had TWO umbrellas in her car. The only problem? They were in her car. :) She needed to borrow an umbrella to go get her two umbrellas, but I borrowed an umbrella and was not drenched on the way to/from class. THANK YOU PICKLE!!!

6 comments:

Ann said...

Extra umbrellas in the car come in handy! It rains so little here, I am always caught without an umbrella.

Queen B said...

HA! I so don't own an umbrella, so I am always caught without!

Kim Thomas said...

I find it shocking that Rachel was not prepared.

I am never prepared. I never have an umbrella, like the queen, I am not sure if I own one.

Anonymous said...

I have gone to look for a cute, small umbrella that fits nicely in the car.. but you know when it is raining all the umbrellas are sold out!! What is that about?! The stores should stock up, don't they know that it never rains here so they should have tons of them for when it does rain!

Teri said...

if you lived in coloma you would always be prepared. It is so cold here, right now it's only 16 and the heater in my car just went out.

Jinjer said...

I don't own an umbrella either! I always get soaked when it rains and I have to go somewhere! Like Kim and Queen B, I am never prepared either!