Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Alternative Careers?

I'm dabbling in being a florist and baker this week. The boat load (ok, 40 pounds) of roses, carnations, baby's breath, and leather leaf (not pictured) arrived today. Striker did all of the heavy lifting and cutting requiring excessive force while I once again provided instructions. We got all of the stems cut and put into water so that they can drink until Friday morning when I begin dividing and conquering. I need to create: 1 brides bouquet, a toss bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, 6 men's coursages (Mr Pearl cannot spell the correct word, and neither can I), 9 centerpieces, and 7 cocktail table mini centerpieces. I have assistants (family and friends) coming, but they will likely be put to work baking and frosting cupcakes, for the cupcake cake. I've never created this stuff on my own before (I had a teacher and I was the direction follower), so I'm not confident in my instruction giving.
I am making 75ish cupcakes and a 8 inch round cake for the top of the cupcake cake. White cake, green/lime/kiwi frosting to match the wedding colors with little pearl sprinkles or frosting roses depending on the tier and my mood/ability.

Yes, there will be pictures, and yes, I am taking the entire day off on Friday. :)

5 comments:

Jane said...

You go girl!

Paula said...

Wow!!! I can NOT wait to see!

Queen B said...

I am impressed. Can't wait to see!!!

Kim Thomas said...

and you call me Crafy Kim.....Some nerve.

jocelyn said...

can't wait to see the pix of the cupcake cake,especially the decoration! Sounds fun too!