Saturday, June 6, 2009

Team JOKOLOCO

This morning was the 1st Annual Biathlon at Striker's work. The biathlon consisted of a walker walking 1 lap, a biker riding 4 laps, another walker walking 1 lap, and then a runner running 2 laps. The course was pretty lengthy and included lots of hills and inclines.

Will got suckered in to being the biker on a team of desk dwellers. Keep in mind that they were competing against guys on the maintenance crew and a former Olympic runner! I got to be a Volunteer with a stopwatch (no clipboard though)!

It was lots of fun and very well organized. They had a very good turnout - about 50 participants, 20 volunteers, and lots of kids and spectators! And they only have 130 employees including their board members who also participated. I have a work event tonight and I guarantee we won't have a similar turnout.

3 comments:

Queen B said...

that sounds like fun and work being combined, a definite no-no in my world!

Ruth Anne said...

I just love the environment at those events.

I also feel happy and motivated!

Great job everyone.

Kim Thomas said...

Sounds like a blast. In addition to the stopwatch I would have liked to see a whistle (Just for the heck of it)