Monday, June 15, 2009

New Office

Things that make me happy about my new office:
  1. My furniture is light, so the whole office is brighter.
  2. Through my interior window I can see down a long hallway to an exterior window. I now know whether or not the sun is shining!!
  3. There is a thermostat in my office. It will be permanently set at 65, which feels like 70 in my house. Happiness!!!
  4. There is a lot more storage space, so there is less clutter everywhere. The filtered water dispenser is 3 offices down...let me go count how many steps from my desk...27 leisurely sized steps! In the last office it was approximately a quarter of a mile round trip and I don't think I am exaggerating.
  5. Bathrooms have automatic everything - flush, water, soap, paper towels. The paper towel dispensers dispense the exact right amount in one wave.
  6. Phone comes complete with Caller ID and a working speaker phone! (I spent almost 4 years in my last office without a working speaker phone.)
  7. There is a cafeteria that is not only reasonably priced, but has tasty food with a variety of healthy choices. They're a little light on the fruit selection, but they do have the basics.
  8. My chair has excellent padding! The color is a little odd - I'm calling it rust, but it's so comfy I don't care.
  9. There are IT and facilities people here that do all sorts of nice things like: connect computers, headsets, and phones; troubleshoot and fix things that don't work; hang and install whiteboards, keyboard trays, and the like. We just get to work - what a concept!

4 comments:

Queen B said...

happiness!

where are the pics?!

Unknown said...

i feel like the soap in the bathroom is not soapy. and i haven't figured out how to make the right amount of paper towels come out. :(

1/4 of a mile! you're funny, jenn!

i have yet to try the cafeteria. you gave it a good review! i shall try now...

KFuj said...

YEAH!! You have Really Rust colored chairs :-)

We need pictures of your new office!!

Kim Thomas said...

Where exactly is this new office?