Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Twins Update - 10 Weeks

It's been an eventful week! Actually Monday & Tuesday were eventful!

Monday-
We had our last appointment with my infertility doctor, had an ultrasound, and officially graduated to OB care. Since the hubby saw them last Wednesday, Grandma Barbie got to go to Monday's ultrasound. Baby A even waved at her! Baby B is camera shy and the best we were able to get was a profile shot (the one on the left). Grandma Barbie agrees that the pictures don't do them justice!

As I think everyone knew via Facebook, we had a repeat of last week's middle of the night scare, but I'm pretty sure that I know the cause, and it shouldn't happen again. (details = TMI)

Tuesday-
Monday's scare carried over to Tuesday and I got a bonus visit to my OB and got to hear their heartbeats. I solved the mystery with RuthAnne's help (thanks again!) and managed to avoid another round of bed rest. No, I'm not just being stubborn, it really wouldn't have been necessary this time. Trust me, I'll stand on my head for 6 months if the babies need me to!

Thursday I will be 11 weeks and will be tapering off all my medications. By next Thursday (12 weeks) I will only be taking a prenatal vitamin! Anyone want my pill case and cutter?

6 comments:

Queen B said...

They are so cute!

no need to defend not going on bed rest. I think we all know the lengths that you would go to for the little tykes, considering how much you fought just to get them into their current position!

Paula said...

oooohhh, cute little people! At that stage I called mine "nugget".

Andrea said...

So neat!!

I'm not in your situation but I would love to figure out some way that I could go on bedrest.... Actually, probably not, I've known others who have been there and turns out that it's not so fun.

Kim Thomas said...

They really are adorable.

I think we should start calling them something other than "A" and "B". I called Sydney "it" but I think they need other names.

I vote for Fred and Frederica

Ruth Anne said...

OH, I got a shout out!

Good luck. You are doing great!

Jane said...

I threw the prenatal vitamins away with all three.

Great to flush, terrible to take