Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Not Quite Utopia

This is the view from my desk. See the light from the window at the end of the tunnel? Ah, daylight!

The parking situation requires careful planning of OB appointments. I returned back from my appointment this morning around 10:30 and there were zero spots left except for several compact spots. We have very strict parking lot police and large cars and SUVs are strictly prohibited! When the large lot is full, the only other option is 2 hour parking on the street. Our side was full. This meant that I had to park across the street and hike back down to move my car back to the lot when people left for lunch, resulting in 3 round trips from my office to the parking lot. Sigh. Of course parking in a compact spot was not an option since I am a rule follower. I did however Google info on temporary handicap parking when I returned to my office. :)

I was able to move my car to a spot roughly in the middle of the parking lot after following my counterpart down when she left for lunch and making her stay in her spot until I was in position. Some people just pity a prego. The spot was approximately 325 steps from the door of my car to the door of my office, including 2 flights of stairs. To put this in proper perspective, I used to walk approximately 25 to "my" (unofficial) parking spot. Everyone is whining about this hike, not just this lazy prego.

Pictures of my office will follow once I've decorated a bit. It's sort of bare right now.

5 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Your pregnant, you need the exercise. I would park across the street and move my car every 2 hours. (Well, actually I wouldn't but I advise it)

Paula said...

Talk to your OB about the temp tag. I don't know how CA works, but in KY, the OB can get you one.

Queen B said...

LOL @ KT's advice ;)

go for the temp tag... you've got TWINS! (in case you'd forgotten)

Unknown said...

yes, get the tag! (i'll move your car for you in the meantime.)

did you seriously count up to 325 steps???

Queen B said...

I parked fairly close this morning, since many are out on vacation. It was 302 steps from my car to my office ;)