Sunday, June 28, 2009

Baker Barbie

On Friday, my mom baked 75 cupcakes and 2 8 inch round cakes. She does not typically bake, but I have such complete faith and trust in Pilsbury cake mix, that I knew this wouldn't be a problem. Seriously. People at work rave about my cupcakes, but it's really the mix that makes them tasty. Try it. You will not be disappointed!

At about 8:30 on Friday night, after pizza, cream puffs, a few glasses of wine for some of us, and a long day of flower arranging for the rest, we got down to business frosting the cupcakes and cake. Pickle, KFuj, and Sistor went to town on the cupcakes, but they left the cake for me. I'd never assembled a 2 layer cake before, much less had to transport one and place it precariously on top of a cupcake cake stand. My creative juices were spent, or I was just flat out exhausted, or both. In retrospect, I should have used green ribbon around each tier. Oh well, I think it still worked out ok.

In case you're wondering, we used: Pilsbury Whipped Supreme white frosting (super light and fluffy), white ball sprinkles, light green sugar crystal sprinkles, and pre-made white frosting roses (thank you Michaels).

6 comments:

Diane said...

I want a cupcake now! Yum

Queen B said...

I'm with Diane :)

Paula said...

very pretty! I wonder if I have a cake mix in the cupboard?

Kim Thomas said...

I think it all looks fabulous. yummy

Unknown said...

very pretty jenn!

Queen B said...

still waiting on flower pics....