Thursday, June 18, 2009

Drumroll please...

I'm 12 weeks prego today, and if you recall, that means it's...belly picture time!














Things I noticed about this picture:
  1. My butt has completely disappeared. Apparently it's being pregnant that causes the rear ends in my family to go MIA.
  2. Belly is quickly catching up to boobs. Will pregnancy make my boobs appear smaller (relatively speaking of course)?
  3. If this is 12 weeks, I'll need to be standing against the wall by the time I get to 36 weeks!
  4. The hubby is sorta anal...I suggested that he stand in the same spot every week for consistency...he then lined up the bottom of the door and carefully cut off my head so I wouldn't feel obligated to do hair or makeup...this will be vitally important when I'm huge and off work!
  5. I will not be eating dinner before next week's picture to ensure that I don't have a larger upper belly due to it being full :)
  6. For not having gained a pound, I am certainly larger!
Today I had my 12 week ultrasound...aren't they cute?














According to our weekly email, they are the size of limes this week. This prompted the Queen to dub them Bud and Miller since they both have lime flavors. Striker votes for Corona and Corona Light. :) Other notable mentions: Ace & Base (Ruth), Venti & Grande (Paula), Almeda and Bauer (KT), and Kramer & Cosmo (Grandpa to be). For some reason I can't commit to a temporary set of names...I do like the beer names for this week though. Let's hope naming them is easier!

We're going to have to wait 4 weeks for the next ultrasound :(

7 comments:

Bianka said...

1) No, pregnancy will not make your boobs "appear" smaller. It will make them "actually" larger.

2) Don't cut off your head in belly shot pictures.. you may not feel up to doing your hair but that's ok. You'll want to see your happy joyful face regardless of hairstyle in the years to come!

3) Yes, they are very cute!!

4) I'm all for new names every week!

Paula said...

Bianka beat me to it in all counts!

Your boobs will get bigger. I started wearing adjustable nursing bras while pg so I could "let them out" as needed.

You will definitely want pics of your smilin' face (until it turns into "I am soooo very over being pg" face--but you'll want pics of that too.

They are adorable!

I like the alternating names too!

Queen B said...

all pics are totally cute! how happy am I for week 12 to be here? :)

Andrea said...

They look just like their mama!!!

Ruth Anne said...

It is getting real.

love the part time names

Kim Thomas said...

(1) You look fabulous

(2) Venti and Grande are my favorite

Jane said...

So cute!!!!!!

Names???