Monday, June 8, 2009

Race for the Cure Donation

As promised to Queen B, if she FFSU'd during the Race for the Cure on Saturday, I would donate accordingly.

Here were her status updates:
6:08am ...is prepping for ffsu race for the cure
6:52am ...is in pink from head to toe
6:59am ...ironed my race T-shirt
7:59am ...is on her marks
8:04am ...is inching ahead
8:36am ...is walking
8:46am ...finished and is rehydrated
8:58am ...is videoing the water girl
9:11am ...is raiding the snack tents

Since there were 9 updates (3x3), I multiplied by 3, and thus donated $27. I am sure the nice people at Susan G. Komen are perplexed by the odd donation amount, but what's better than 3 cubed?! I know I know, 22, but I couldn't figure out a way to explain that mathematically.

2 comments:

Ruth Anne said...

I am so anal about even numbers that I tried to donate $3 to make it 30, but my wallet is upstairs.

Maybe tomorrow.

I loved the challenge.

Queen B said...

HAHAHA @ $3 to even it out. I totally get that.

Had I known there would be such a complicated algorithm, I could have adjusted accordingly (ie 16 updates) :)