Thursday, October 8, 2009

28 Weeks

Lots to report today:

Glucose test was normal. YAY!!!!!!!! I get to continue enjoying my ice cream...oh happy day! And no more nasty lemon lime stuff or 3 hour glucose test - YIPPEE!!!

Iron levels were a little low, which is normal with twins, so I've started an iron supplement with bonus doses of Vitamin C, Folic Acid and something else I'm not remembering right now. Going to try taking it before bed tonight since I have to take it 2 hours after eating (hard to do when you eat every two hours) and then have heart burn for several hours after taking it. Hoping I can sleep through the heart burn.

We had our 28 week ultrasound today and, no joke, the first thing she said was "These guys are overachievers". Striker and I burst out laughing. Apparently A has a big head like his parents (hey, at least we know he's ours) and both are weighing above average for singletons. Apparently no one told them they were twins. :) "Average" is 2 pounds 4 ounces at 28 weeks. A is 2 pounds 14 ounces (yes, almost 3 pounds!) and B is 2 pounds 7 ounces. Holy 5 1/2 pounds of baby!!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think average weight gain for the baby each week in the third trimester is just under half a pound? I'll let you do that math on that one ;)Size wise, A is measuring at 30 weeks and B is 29ish.

A is still head down and very happy in his position...when she tried to push him up he adamantly refused and kicked violently against my diaphragm. B is sort of at a 45 degree angle...in between the 7 & 11 formations. Sigh. He's the one most likely to be seen and felt since he's closest to my belly button...A is wedged behind him and the one most likely to be doing headstands on my bladder. These kids definitely have personalities of their own!




And finally, here's the belly:

My big maternity shirts all fit now. Some of the smaller ones barely cover the belly. The XL t-shirts that I wear most of the time (you know, since I'm on house arrest with the furries and they prefer me not to get dressed up for them so that we can snuggle) are also starting to provide a bit of a draft at the bottom.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yippee!! So glad that things are progressing well and all are healthy!! (Even if you are stuck on house arrest)

Queen B said...

did they say anything about how their positions will affect delivery?

how happy were you when they were trying to convince A to move? I'm sure that was a fun, soothing experience ;)

Kim Thomas said...

I'll see the belly in person tomorrow. Can't wait!