Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I LOVE My Crock Pot!!!


Or "Channeling My Inner Andrea Braun"...

Last week I made Andrea Braun's Apple Butter and after the extreme easiness of it, decided that I'd make another crock pot dish for one of the families in my MOMs Club - the mom just had surgery - yes, I joined a Moms of Multiples Club.

I have strict requirements that whatever I cook right now be super easy because I get tired doing just about anything for more than half an hour. I consider browning ground beef and dumping everything else into the crock pot to be pretty easy...chopping 1 green pepper and 3 stalks of celery wasn't too difficult either...though Queen B should avoid doing so since a sharp knife was used ;)

Striker was extremely concerned that the entire pot would be going to them since they have a large family and he wouldn't get to have any of the tasty goodness. Luckily, I planned accordingly and got double everything so that I can make a pot for us on Friday. My house smells heavenly at the moment and the small bit that I sampled was SUPER tasty.

For the recipe with my notes (in a Google Doc) click here.


10 comments:

Andrea said...

Now the secret is out...almost EVERYTHING I make is easy! ;D

Where is YOUR recipe?

Andrea said...

Whoops... I see the link now!

Paula said...

Awesome! I love making chili. Wish my kids liked it better...I'd make a pot every week from October to March!

Diane said...

Looks good.

Queen B said...

I have been accumulating a lot of photos that will eventually be great blogs... sigh... I feel like I should post a pic of our dinner tonight, which took The King 30 minutes or less, as well ;) It took me all the effort of eating it, which I happily obliged with.

Kim Thomas said...

You know, I recall a time that you made fun of me for small changes in my life after Sydney came. Hmm....I think it's now my turn.

Jane said...

My kids love chili-we had chicken chili (from a can) for dinner tonight

Ruth Anne said...

Love my crockpot. This is my favorite a must!

1 pork shoulder
1 cup brown sugar
1 bottle of HOT salsa
Shread before serving

I don't like hot salsa, but the spice is reduced due to the sugar. It is a copy cat recipe for Cafe Rio sweet pork.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but that really looks like you're brewing gravel in Pepto-Bismol sauce.

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.