Thursday, October 29, 2009

Amused...and Sort of an Apology

One of the few highlights (and frustrations) in my life is the Target.com orders that are delivered by my friends at UPS. Tuesday I received my order but only received half of the number of items I'd ordered. The packing slip did not indicate that any items were on backorder and it appeared that all items should have been in the package. I decided to wait to see if the remainder were delivered on Wednesday since I know that sometimes orders are split and might just be arriving separately for some reason and not actually noted on the website...or maybe the package got left on the UPS truck or at the dock...it happens.

Nothing was delivered yesterday, so I checked the website today to verify that all the items showed that they were delivered. It appeared that they were and so I called Target.com's Customer Service.

After the very nice lady read to me everything that I told her I'd just saw on the website, she reordered the missing items for me and "expedited" the shipping so that I'd receive them no later than next Thursday...good thing she "expedited" the order!

I LITERALLY hung up the phone and heard a package drop on my porch (but the doorbell did not ring). There was only one thing it could possibly be...

I was quick to the door, the UPS man saw me open it, saw the belly and then offered to pick up the package for me. Internally laughing, I told it that it was okay, I could get it since it was small ;)

I brought the package inside, figuring that it was the missing items...NOPE! It was my entire order!!!! So now, I'm waiting until next Thursday to see what shows up, and what I'm actually charged for. Maybe UPS and Target are just trying to give me something to do?

3 comments:

Queen B said...

You are their worst nightmare... the lady sitting at home waiting for her packages :)

KFuj said...

We got Rock Band for free because Amazon lost our order, put a credit on our account, and the package showed up the next day. They said sorry its yours!

What was your order? Anything you can use two of for the price of one?

Jane said...

Shared thought with Queen B