Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday Night Dinner Out

Friday has become out night for dinner out. Tonight I decided to make the husband's day and suggest Outback. It's his favorite restaurant and I don't think he's ever turned it down. Since Outback is in between my work and home (Hubby gets off early on the Fridays he works) we met there.


I had the Baby Back Ribs and they were very tasty...the meat literally fell off the bones!











After dinner we went out to our cars and found that the car next to me had parked very close to my door. I was quite stuffed after all of the ribs, garlic mashed potatoes, salad and bread - YUM!- and was annoyed that I had to try to squeeze my stuffed self in a space that might have been too tight for even Rachel to squeeze through comfortably.


As you can see, I contorted myself into various positions to squeeze myself into my car while asking the hubby to record the event for my blog. (After much debate I decided to squeeze in rather than climb in the passenger side and crawl across for fear that climbing would have been worse for my neck and back.)


When I had just about wiggled myself in, my flip flop fell off of my foot. As I wiggled back out to retrieve it, I noticed this...


lots of empty parking spaces in close proximity.









Why did the driver of the Altima have to choose that spot? I will admit that I drive a SUV and the spots were fairly small, HOWEVER, I was courteous and parked next to a planter and well within the painted lines. Needless to say my efforts at contortion have caused the work of my chiropractor to be in vain...time to go beg the hubby for a back rub...next time I'm crawling across the front seat and console.

8 comments:

Ruth Anne said...

My dad would be so proud of those bones!

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

Looks like dinner was good! Too bad there's no shortage of morons parking too close! Hope your back is feeling better!

Kim Thomas said...

Jennann! Two things here:

(1) I am so proud of your photography. You are now taking photos all of the time!!! Yay!

(2) On Wednesday, I had a car park right up next to me and I too, took a photo. I will be posting the photo on my blog for you.

Queen B said...

I love all of the photos, this is great! The parking spaces at my office are so tiny, it is a weekly thing for me to have to crawl in from the passenger side :(

Queen B said...

OMG, how were Kim and I commenting at exactly the same time... weird

Teri said...

Oh jennann, what a beautiful car you have.

Jocey said...

The same thing happened to me at Venice beach. It was a Saturday, but there were a million other spots available.